I raise my head in the winter sun from a deck in Murrumbateman near ACT.
I’ve had about a month since the Suitcase Cabarets at the Anywhere Theatre Festival finished. What an amazing and inspiring (and tiring!) experience! These were our shows:
The Patron Saints Of Disappointment FB EVENT
The Patron Saints of Disappointment bring stories and songs they have collected on their sagely travels from unholy misery to gold plated shiny-ness: how do YOU deal with disappointment? A collaboration with Kylie Morrigan and Jan Harvey.
Handle With Care FB EVENT
- A suitcase cabaret about heartache, heartbreak and heart-mending. Novocastrian songwriters Anousha Victoire and Madeleine Flowers join Melissa Main to sew the pieces of their hearts together and tell the universal and personal story of heartbreak.
Destination: Elsewhere FB EVENT
- Four women seeking creative ways to get UNSTUCK. Apply within. A Suitcase Cabaret collaboration with Claire McLisky, Julia Burns, Nicola Ossher and Melissa Main.
The Road To Human FB EVENT
- She travels making punctuation marks along her life, Melissa Main presents stories, songs and characters from the road. Accompanied by Nicola Ossher and Rob Wheeler.
Inside Down and Out FB EVENT
- Two down-and-out travellers meet on the road, share music, tales of childhood, sweet sorrow and a persistent sense of hope for one-day-happy endings. A Suitcase Cabaret collaboration between Jay Kingdom and Melissa Main.
Life: A Work In Progress FB EVENT
- 3 unique songwriters Glenys Anderson, Rob Wheeler and Melissa Main present a Suitcase Cabaret looking at life from the Pointy End Nursing Home.
We still have one with Param Berg and Rob Wheeler that we’ll do later in the year called “The Silly Side of the Sun”. It was so lovely to work with everyone: each of the shows was different from the others, but all so entertaining, poignant and fun!